About Josh Sasai
Josh has worked as a counsellor, psychotherapist, educator and trainer for over twenty years. As an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW), Josh is a registered Medicare Provider (GP referral required).
As a practitioner in body-mind-focused Buddhist Psychotherapy, Clinical Hypnotherapy, Clinical Mental Health Practice, EMDR and Qigong, Josh uses holistic, non-judgemental and client-centred approaches to work with clients. The evidence-based approaches that inform Josh’s practice include: Process-Experiential/Emotion-Focused Therapy; Compassion-Focused Therapy; Narrative Therapy; Solution Focused Therapy; Acceptance & Commitment Therapy; Internal Family Systems Therapy; Ericksonian Hypnotherapy and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) Therapy.
Josh is originally from Kyoto, Japan where he learned the concepts of Mindfulness and Buddhist Psychology as a part of daily life. Josh also became familiar with Japanese psychotherapy approaches, such as Morita Therapy and Naikan Therapy, in his university days in Kyoto.
Josh has lived in Japan, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia. Josh enjoys working with clients from a wide range of backgrounds and orientations, including migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, and LGBTIQ community.
Josh looks forward to meeting you.
– Master of Social Work
– Master of Arts
– Graduate Diploma of Buddhist Psychotherapy
– Postgraduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice
– Postgraduate Certificate in Family Therapy & Counselling
– Bachelor of Social Science (in Applied Psychology and Sociology)
– Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy – Solutions in Hypnosis
– Diploma of Teaching
– Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
– Accredited Qigong Facilitator, Open Sky Qigong
– Associate Member, EMDR Association of Australia
– Registered Allied Health Provider, Medicare
LOCATION (From Feb 2019):
Autumn Retreat (Friday 2 pm – 8 pm)
129 Miller St, Thornbury 3071
Please call: 03 9416 9872 (For Appointment)
Josh Sasai, AMHSW, MSW, MA
Ph: 03 9010 5025 (Direct enquiry)