About Josh Sasai
Josh has worked as a counsellor, psychotherapist, educator and trainer for over twenty years. As an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW), Josh is a registered Medicare Provider (GP referral required).
As a practitioner in body-mind-focused Buddhist Psychotherapy, Clinical Hypnotherapy, Clinical Mental Health Practice, Meridian Tapping (EFT/TFT), EMDR and Qigong, Josh uses holistic, non-judgemental and client-centred approaches to work with clients. The evidence-based approaches that inform Josh’s practice include: Process-Experiential/Emotion-Focused Therapy; Compassion-Focused Therapy; Narrative Therapy; Solution Focused Therapy; Acceptance & Commitment Therapy; Internal Family Systems Therapy; Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, Meridian Tapping (EFT and TFT), Havening Techniques and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) Therapy.
Josh is originally from Kyoto, Japan where he learned the concepts of Mindfulness and Buddhist Psychology as a part of daily life. Josh also became familiar with Japanese psychotherapy approaches, such as Morita Therapy and Naikan Therapy, in his university days in Kyoto.
Josh has lived in Japan, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia. Josh enjoys working with clients from a wide range of backgrounds and orientations, including migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, and LGBTIQ community.
Josh looks forward to meeting you.
– Master of Social Work
– Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics
– Graduate Diploma of Buddhist Psychotherapy
– Postgraduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice
– Postgraduate Certificate in Family Therapy & Counselling
– Bachelor of Social Science (in Applied Psychology and Sociology)
– Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy – Solutions in Hypnosis
– Diploma of Teaching
– Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW)
– Member, Australian Association of Social Workers
– Member (Level 4), Australian Counselling Association
– Member, EMDR Association of Australia
– Accredited Qigong Facilitator, Open Sky Qigong
– Registered Allied Health Provider, Medicare
129 Miller St, Thornbury 3071
Northside Natural Health
81 Holmes St, Brunswick 3056
Josh Sasai, AMHSW, MACA-L4, MSW, MA
Ph: 03 9010 5025 (Direct enquiry)