Welcome to Wisdom Psychotherapy – Holistic approach to Mental Health
Wisdom Psychotherapy uses Buddhist Psychotherapy as a platform to combine ‘Evidence-based‘ Western Wisdom and ‘Holistic Body-Mind‘ Eastern Wisdom in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Wisdom Psychotherapy works with you:
– supports your inner journey to safely explore childhood traumatic memories.
– facilitates self-discovery and supports self-awareness during the healing process.
– is attentive to your body’s wisdom using both verbal and nonverbal messages.
– helps you integrate emotions, feelings, and behaviour with body awareness.
– provides a safe space to let out loud sounds for expressing any grief or anger.
Wisdom Psychotherapy can help many issues including:
- Anxiety, phobia, and panic attack
- Trauma (current or past)
- Grief and loss
- Life transition / adjustment
- Addictive behaviour
- Relationship issues
- Emotional issues, including anger management
- Chronic illness and pain
- Sexuality / sexual difficulties
- Stress management
Wisdom Psychotherapy focuses on three aspects of Wisdom:
Wisdom Psychotherapy sees compassion as innate wisdom which develops acceptance and resilience in life. Cultivating self-compassion reduces self-criticism; lowers stress hormones, such as cortisol; promotes processing of memories of past traumas; and can be used as a tool for self-soothing and self-encouragement.
Wisdom Psychotherapy integrates Eastern and Western beliefs about health and healing, which are often conflicting in modern societies. Focusing on the mind-body connection facilitates healing of mental and physical issues, overcoming inner conflicts, and recovering from adverse or traumatic memories from the past.
Wisdom Psychotherapy helps clients access their own inner-truth by employing a variety of experiential and body-mind approaches. Everyone has inner-truth within, which can be accessed by identifying and addressing subconscious issues.
A peaceful heart gives birth to love. When love meets suffering, it turns to
compassion. When love meets happiness,
it turns to joy.
129 Miller St, Thornbury 3071
Northside Natural Health
81 Holmes St, Brunswick 3056
Josh Sasai, AMHSW, MACA-L4, MSW, MA
Ph: 03 9010 5025 (Direct enquiry)