Welcome to Wisdom Psychotherapy – Holistic approach to Mental Health
Wisdom Psychotherapy uses Buddhist Psychotherapy as a platform to combine ‘Evidence-based‘ Western Wisdom and ‘Holistic Body-Mind‘ Eastern Wisdom in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Wisdom Psychotherapy works with you:
– supports your inner journey to safely explore childhood traumatic memories.
– facilitates self-discovery and supports self-awareness during the healing process.
– is attentive to your body’s wisdom using both verbal and nonverbal messages.
– helps you integrate emotions, feelings, and behaviour with body awareness.
– provides a safe space to let out loud sounds for expressing any grief or anger.
Wisdom Psychotherapy can help many issues including:
- Anxiety, phobia, and panic attack
- Trauma (current or past)
- Grief and loss
- Life transition / adjustment
- Addictive behaviour
- Relationship issues
- Emotional issues, including anger management
- Chronic illness and pain
- Sexuality / sexual difficulties
- Stress management
Wisdom Psychotherapy focuses on three aspects of Wisdom:
Wisdom Psychotherapy sees compassion as innate wisdom which develops acceptance and resilience in life. Cultivating self-compassion reduces self-criticism; lowers stress hormones, such as cortisol; promotes processing of memories of past traumas; and can be used as a tool for self-soothing and self-encouragement.
Wisdom Psychotherapy integrates Eastern and Western beliefs about health and healing, which are often conflicting in modern societies. Focusing on the mind-body connection facilitates healing of mental and physical issues, overcoming inner conflicts, and recovering from adverse or traumatic memories from the past.
Wisdom Psychotherapy helps clients access their own inner-truth by employing a variety of experiential and body-mind approaches. Everyone has inner-truth within, which can be accessed by identifying and addressing subconscious issues.
A peaceful heart gives birth to love. When love meets suffering, it turns to
compassion. When love meets happiness,
it turns to joy.